- April 6, 2018
Dear Member of Management,
I am writing this letter today regarding the vacant position, I was thrilled to see that this position fits my education and my skill set, I am confident that if chosen for this position I will excel in my duties. I am driven to bringing an innovative approach to human resource management while creating a team-driven environment that fosters room for development and growth. I am equipped with excellent communications and people skills. I can work independently and I also work well with others, I require little to no supervision in the completion of my duties. I am skilled in various duties and tasks, I am very dependable and I work well under pressure.
I have a Applied Associate of Science Degree in Medical Office Technology, and I have over 17 years of extensive work history in various areas from security to worker’s compensation. I have trained in various areas including ICD-9 codes, medical billing, and medical terminology. I also have skills in facility management, OSHA standards, & conducting audits to ensure compliance. I also have plans to further my education and I have taken the necessary steps to enroll in college majoring in Associate Degree of Nursing.
As noted on my resume I am a competent worker and I possess the skills and capabilities in order to complete the tasks at hand and help others on a daily basis. I am skilled in interpreting medical terminology as I have studied medical terminology during college and I utilized medical terminology during me time as the Health and Safety Officer where I was over the Worker’s Compensation program for over 500 employees and 1400 inmates. In total I believe my background and skill set would allow me to of great service to your office.
I welcome the opportunity to meet and interview with you. Please accept the attached resume.
- Word processing Case management
- CPR Report development
- (50) WPM typing speed Critical thinking
- Accurate and detailed Worker’s Compensation Microsoft Office Suite Medical Terminology
- Professional and mature Filing and data archiving
- Maintains Confidentiality Security training
- Independent worker Certified in First Aid
- Works well under pressure Firearm operations Office support (faxing, phones, filing) Records management
- Knowledge of HIPPA LAW Excellent problem solver
- Dedicated team player Interpersonal Skills
- Excellent verbal communication Team-orientated
- Criminology knowledge Inventory management
Correctional Officer Sergeant/Classification Officer 09/2004 to current
Jackson Correctional Institution- Malone, FL
- Maintained the custody and control of approximately (1300) inmates housed in the security unit.
- Conducted routine and emergency head counts.
- Directed the activities of inmates.
- Inspected housing units, personal property, building, and vehicles.
- Completed inmate intake and inmate searches.
- Made security rounds at specific intervals and conducted head counts and roll calls.
- Booked new inmates into facility and processed inmate for release.
- Received and accounted for personal possessions and determined inmate work assignments.
- Tracked inmates through head counts, visitor logs, and scheduled activities.
- Wrote progress reports and testified under oath during court proceedings.
- Participated in meetings and action plans.
- Determined appropriate supervision levels by conducting risk and needs assessments.
- Serve as court liaison for inmate court hearings and legal calls.
- Served as Safety Officer, assisting Employees with Worker’s Compensation claims and benefits.
- Served as liaison for all three facilities with for over 400 Employees assisting them with orientation regarding worker’s compensation claims and family medical leave act.
- Maintain required case files on a case by case basis for all employees related to worker’s compensation and infectious disease control.
- Maintain confidential information only sharing information with specific Staff members regarding Employees/Inmates medical records.
- Conducted investigations on all Employee/Inmate injuries to maintain safe facility.
- Conducted inspections to ensure facilities maintained ADA operations forwarded all supporting documents, to my superiors.
- Maintain a case load of over 300 inmates completing all their appointments in a timely manner to include file audits, interviews,
- As the Infirmary Officer I escorted medical staff into the infirmary area of the facility and provided them with help to care for sick inmates.
- As the Health and Safety Officer I oversaw the blood borne pathogens program at the facility ensuring that all bodily fluids and needles were properly disposed of.
- During my time in the housing unit I conducted daily medication counts logged them and distributed medication to inmate upon their request.
- As the Health and Safety Officer I maintained medical records for over 1000 inmates and 350 Staff members updating information on a daily basis regarding accidents, and injuries.
- I review various documents on a daily basis for accuracy reporting any findings
- to my supervisor.
Customer Service Representative 04/2002-5/2004
Sykes Enterprises- Marianna, FL
- Gathered and verified all required customer information for tracking purposes.
- Referred unresolved customer grievances to designated departments for further investigation.
- Acted professionally and patiently when addressing negative customer feedback.
- Effectively managed a high-volume of inbound and outbound customer calls.
- Assisted company with collection activities for non-payment of customer accounts.
- Oversaw call center employees to ensure customer satisfaction goals were consistently met.
- Answered a constant flow of customer calls with up to (300) call in the queue per minute.
- Met or exceeded service and quality standards at every review.
Production machine operator 01/2000/ to 12/2001
Shaw Enterprises- Bainbridge, GA
Customer Service Representative 05/1998-07/2000
Dining Room supervisor-Bainbridge, GA
- Spoke with patrons to ensure satisfaction with food and service.
- Conducted inventory to ensure sufficient items were ordered.
- Prepared food items.
- Relayed orders to cooks.
- Maintain accurate accountably of money from daily operations.
- Trained kitchen & dining room staff on proper use of equipment, kitchen supplies, & cashier registers.
- Skillfully promoted items on beverage lists with weekly restaurant specials.
- Ensured food was cooked and stored at correct temperatures.
- Routinely supported other areas of the restaurant as requested including answering telephones, completing financial transactions, and other duties.
- Prepared daily food items ensured items were stored in designated containers to prevent spoiling.
- Stocked stations with items like straws, ice, and napkins.
- Provided friendly and attentive service with exceptional hospitality to customers.
- Ensured food was prepared at correct temperatures.
- Estimated weekly costs to ensure proper ordering of items to stay within budget.
- Cleaned and organized work areas.
Associate of Applied Science Degree in Medical Office Technology
Bainbridge College (2010)
I have been nominated and received recognition as employee of month twice during my career.
Correctional Officer Sergeant
As Environmental Health and Safety Officer I received and was nominated for Statewide Employee recognition by my Supervisor and received a thank you card from Governor Rick Scott.
Certified Correctional Officer (FL Department of Corrections 2005)
Certification Business Office Specialist (Bainbridge College)