Patient Portal Frequently Asked Questions
Where does my health information in the Portal come from?
All of the information in the Portal comes from your MemorialHospital and Manor Electronic Health Record. This ensures that you have access to the most accurate, up-to-date information possible.
What information do I need to enroll to use the patient portal?
- 1) You will need internet access
- 2) You will need a personal email account
- 3) You will need to provide your email address to Registration
- 4) Registation will need to enter your email address into your medical record
- 5) You will need your complete medical record number
How do I log into the Portal?
To log into the Portal, visit the link sent to your email that you provided us with during your registration process. Then, simply enter your user name and password (see enrollment information on the reverse side of this page). Or you can enroll to use the Portal, by clicking here. To access the portal once you have registered, click here.
Can my family access my Portal?
Yes, but only with your written consent. You can give family members, such as parents or healthcare proxies, access to your Portal. This needs to be done within your healthcare facility and requires consent from you and your family member(s).
Is my information safe?
Yes, your information is safe. Portal passwords are encrypted and URLs are re-written so that they cannot be copied and pasted. You and authorized family members are the only ones who can access your Portal. Also, a timeout feature protects your information if you leave the Portal page open.
What do I do if I ever have technical problems with the Portal?
There is a Contact Us section on the homepage of the Portal that allows you to submit any questions you have regarding the Portal via email. Or you can send an email here.
How much does it cost me to use the Patient Portal?
There is not cost to use to use the patient portal. This is an absolutely free service available to all of our patients.
What are the benefits of information being available through the Patient Portal?
- The Patient Portal will improve your access to certain health information, will improve coordination of care, increase quality of care, increase continuity of care, reduce costs associated with maintaining paper medical records, and will reduce duplication of testing.
Do I have to use the Patient Portal?
- No, you are not currently required to use the patient portal. This is a free service that we are making available to you for your benefit.
If I choose not to use the Patient Portal, how may I view or receive copies of my medical records or health information?
- If you choose not to use the Patient Portal, you may still request a copy of your health information from our Health Information Management Department located within Memorial Hospital and Manor, or directly from your Physician’s or Provider’s offices.
Can I print the information available on the Patient Portal?
- Yes, the information available to you on the Patient Portal can be viewed and printed by you for your use or to discuss with your Physician or Provider.