Visitors are an important part of a patient's recovery process and we welcome them. Patients need rest and relaxation, therefore we ask that visitors adhere to Memorial Hospital and Manor's visitation guidelines.
General visiting hours are from 9:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m. Due to the special needs of Emergency Room and ICU patients, visits may be restricted to one visitor, for brief intervals.
Children visiting new mothers and babies in the Kirbo Women's Center must be at least 8 years old, unless they are siblings of the newborn.
We ask visitors to please follow these guidelines:
- Only two visitors at a time in semi-private rooms.
- Visitors should keep visits quiet and brief, making sure they do not tire the patient or interrupt patient care.
- Visitors should not disturb other patients, particularly in semi-private rooms.
- It may be necessary for visitors to take turns visiting in the patient's room. Visitors may wait in the designated waiting rooms in each nursing unit or in the front lobby.
- People with colds or any contagious diseases should not visit patients.
- Visitors who do not observe Memorial Hospital and Manor's visitation policy will be asked to leave.
- Children should visit under adult supervision.
- Please do not bring food from outside the hospital to patients or eat in the patient's room without permission from the charge nurse.
Overnight visitors may be allowed to stay in private rooms only. If a patient needs someone to stay overnight, a cot may be obtained upon request. Certain restrictions apply to patients occupying semi-private rooms. The patient's spouse or another family member (mother, father, grandmother, grandfather, etc.) may stay beyond regular visiting hours at the discretion of the nurse or physician.